Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday October 12

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. 
"They are plans for good and for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11

In these verses God had remembered His covenant made in Deut. 30:1-10 for the restoration of the people of Judah, and was not going to terminate it. God had a plan for Judah, and most definitely has a plan for Jonah and our family. 

I have claimed this verse many of times in my life, but this week I claim it for Jonah. God does have a plan for this young boy. I count it a awesome privilege to be called his earthly father. I can't wait to see how this verse plays out for my family and as well as for Jonah. 

Through out the disappointments my family have experienced in some of our ministry experiences, we have maintain focus on what we believe God has called us to. We can't change the way people have thought or behaved, but we can rely on the One who has this wonderful plan for our lives. I don't know what God has for Jonah, but I am confident that it is just what He has planned for him at conception. I hold that same hope for the rest of my children and family. God is good.

We can only pray that we all remain obedient to the voice of God and keep His commandments from His Word. The promise is the wonderful deliverance of His awesome plan for our lives. It is my prayer that my family seek to follow the Lord our God with all their heart and soul.

Do we really crave for God's blessing on our lives as well as our families? Are we seeking with all our heart, soul, and mind for these blessings? The Bible says that it will come if we only obey and keep what is written in His wonderful word (Deut. 30:10).

Pressing On,

Russell

No comments: